Panoramas should always be level. Otherwise, when we spin them, they will be very disorienting. When leveling, make sure the horizon is straight and that vertical lines are reaching straight up and down.
In this tutorial we are talking about auto leveling panoramas using GoThru.
Before you start the leveling process:
- Auto leveling panoramas work with any 360 ready camera like Ricoh Theta, Samsung Gear360, MadV, Insta360 One, etc.
- Images need to be below 8000x4000
- Auto leveling works only on panoramas that have a lot of straight lines in them.If your panoramas are shots in woods or plain open fields, this function might not work.
To perform this Auto Leveling function, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Create a tour & upload panoramas
1. Create a tour. Click +Create New Tour > Select the tour type > Enter a location or the CID.
2. Upload panoramas. Click on the Upload Panoramas button then use the Drop Zone to upload your Panoramas or use the Import from Google Drive button to import panoramas from your Google Drive account.
3. After the uploading, go back to the Edit constellation page to go to the next step. You will notice that your panoramas have been uploaded and ready for the leveling process.
4. It is recommended to connect the panoramas before you proceed to the leveling process. Go to the Tools page then press Create Navigation to open the GoThru Moderator tool then connect the panoramas like the following example.
To see more details how to create a tour and upload panoramas, you can refer to Main Workflow for GoThru: Tour Creation and Moderation.
Step 2 : Start auto leveling
1. At this point, you are able to initiate the leveling process. First, click on the pano thumbnails to select the panoramas you want to level or use the Shift key and select the first and last file at the ends of the entire range you want to select.
2. After selecting, click on the Auto Level Pano Level the blue button at the top-right corner. Prompt popup will open asking you to verify the process. Click yes.
3. The leveling will take 2-4 minutes depending on the number of the panoramas. When the process finishes; you can go back to the Tools page again to preview the results. Click on the Preview button.
That's it! Your panoramas are now ready to be used for further moderation on GoThru or Overlay Editor.