To improve navigability within a virtual tour, GoThru Overlay Editor has developed the interactive map. Maps are a great tool for a smart virtual tour that can help conserve energy and create a great experience for visitors. With this map, all the environments included in the tour become more accessible. The user knows through the map where exactly the rooms are located and can reach them directly. There you can move between the different areas and you can enlarge the map through a zoom.
There are three types of maps on Gothru Overlay editor -- Floor Map, Berlin Floor Map and Map Box.
Berlin Floor Map
This type of map is supported with an automatic expanded view when you hover your pointer on the map position. It animates the thumbnail to the full version view of the map.
How to add the Berlin map to your overlay?
1. Click on the “+” button (or A key) to open the Plugin Manager for Hotspots, Menus, Maps, Control Center, and Other. Select Berlin to add the Berlin map to your virtual tour.
2. The default Berlin map appears on the top right corner and the active Berlin plugin settings on the right panel. Make the desired changes to your map design using the tools under the map settings. For information about the tools under map settings, see “Available map setting tools” below.
3. Add an image for the map by clicking on the map image. It will open the asset library then you can select a representative image for the map.
4. Adjust your map size using the map size settings such as map height or fullscreen height and width so it can fit the entire constellation properly.
5. Click on the “+” button on the Dot list to add a marker or “dot” that connects to the panoramas and represents the areas in your map. Drag the dots to move them around the map and use the slider of the dot size to change their size. You can repeat this step to add more dots to the map.
6. Now you have a responsive Berlin map on your virtual tour. Once you are happy with the map setting, click “save” and “publish” to see the results.
Available map setting tools
Area: controls the position parameter. Defaults to 'top right'
Margin: adjusts the area between the map and the tour edges
Border size: sets the width of the map's four borders.
Border radius: rounds the corners of the map`s outer border edge. If the value is 0 the map is in square shape. If you increase the value it will round the edge of the outer border edge.
Map width: sets the width of the map in thumbnail view
Map height: set the height of the map in thumbnail view
Map max width: set the width of the map in the expanded view
Map max height: set the height of the map in the expanded view
Map fullscreen width: set the width of the map in full-screen view
Map fullscreen height: set the height of the map in full-screen view
Map Image: set an image for the map with clickable dots.
Map angle: Set the degree at which the map faces the tour.
Dots list: adds clickable dots on the map redirected to connected areas in the tour
Dot size: adjusts the size of the dots
Common colors: sets the map colors connect to colors which in the general setting
Background color: set the color of the map background
Dot color: set the color of dots in the map
Active color: represents the active dots
Text color: set the colors of the text in the map